Thank you for visiting my Speaking and Workshops page! As you read further you will find out what you can expect of me as a speaker and presenter, more about me, my speaking/workshop topics, and how to reach me to discuss your speaking/workshop needs.
What You Can Expect
If you hire me to speak and/or present a workshop at your event, here is what you can expect:
- Prompt, professional response to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation (phone or video conference) prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (Assuming your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A custom resource page and/or hardcopy materials, exclusively created for your attendees. It would include the slides used during my presentation, along with links to other relevant and helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event to make sure your expectations were met. (I will also want to know how I could improve the presentation, so I welcome your feedback!)
More About Me
Early in my career, I was involved in marketing, sales, and advertising in one way or another. I spent about 10 years selling fashion jewelry to large retail chains and learning the ins and outs of the publishing world doing advertising production. Those jobs helped me hone my communication skills through oral presentations and writing.
For the past 19 years, I have been teaching art to all ages in a public school setting. Although most of my time was with elementary age students, I taught workshops to my peers and others during conferences and conventions. Those years of teaching various ages taught me to speak simply, clearly, and to be VERY flexible when a lesson or workshop did not go according to plan.
For the past four years, I have been teaching art appreciation classes at a local university, so my communication, writing, and art skills have continued to grow. I love to have very interactive lessons with my students/audience with the lessons and projects I teach.
My Speaking/Workshop Topics
I primarily give my testimony about my kidney donation, my struggles as a believer, divorce/remarriage, and my hearing small promptings from the Lord. In addition, I conduct workshops in prayer journaling and other art projects.
I will customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. Please feel free to ask me about specific keynotes and/or workshops. My goal is to help bring the outcome you desire for your audience.
Some of my speaking topics are listed below:
- Taking Servant to a Whole New Level: The Year I Became a Living Organ Donor
- Learning to Hear God’s Voice in a Noisy World - PDF available for distribution
- Taking Leaps, Crossing Bridges, and Totally Expecting to Fall Flat on My Face
Some of my workshop topics are listed below (a required set of materials needs to accompany each workshop):
- Prayer Journaling
- Scripture Paintings (Deomai Prayers)
- Doodling for Concentrated Prayer Time
- Lectio Divina Prayers
- Developing a Creative Prayer Life
Thank you again for considering me to speak at your event. Please contact me so we can discuss your speaking needs. I will get back to you right away!